Back to Top


Fall 2021 Registration

The University is transitioning to Banner for registration beginning with the Fall 2021 semester. Now, students will see Independent Studies course offerings along with all other University courses when searching for courses in Banner.

All Extended Studies course sections begin with the letter ‘E.’ Independent Studies courses are searchable using the ‘ES – Independent Studies’ attribute. 

Degree-Seeking Students

Please use Self Service Banner to register for courses during the Add Period. A hold is placed on all Independent Study sections. This hold will need to be removed by the Independent Study advisor, Jessica Gama. Please email Jessica for assistance with registration.

Print-based degree-seeking students may still utilize the paper Independent Study registration form to request registration. Please complete the form and send it to the Independent Study advisor along with payment. Paper registration forms may not be processed if they do not include payment.

Non-Degree Seeking Students:

Electronic Independent Study Registration Form

Please complete the Electronic Independent Study Registration Form (this is for Non-Degree Seeking Students ONLY) accurately and in its entirety. When completing the form, please consider the following:

  • If the student is incarcerated, please include the DOC number.
  • Include your CSUP 9-digit NetID number if you already have one.
  • The form will allow you to select courses from a list of Independent Study course offerings.
  • Each course is listed multiple times based on the length of the course, so please select the section that best suits your needs from either the 15-week or 1-year offerings (print-based students should select 1-year course sections to allow time for mailing). 

Payment for Fall Courses

Degree-Seeking students should access and pay their bills as they would for any other course. Payment methods are outlined on the Student Billing page.

Non-Degree Seeking students should pay for their courses using the payment link below. 

Print-based students need to send payment along with their paper registration form or make payment through the payment link prior to registration, otherwise, registration may not be processed.

Self-Pay Tuition Payment Link (will be processed immediately, a processing fee applies)

Other Forms

Spring 2022 Registration

Registration Opens October 18, 2021.

To register for Spring 2022 courses, students will need to meet with their academic success coach or faculty mentor, submit proof of vaccination or exemption, and self-register through Banner.

Vaccination Requirement and Exemptions

Student wearing face mask

The university's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy includes the COVID-19 vaccination unless an exemption is filed.

Independent Study

Emma Mitchell

Independent Study Program Coordinator

Jessica Gama

Independent Study Program Advisor
Back to Top