Back to Top
  • CAMPUS CLOSED November 23-27 in recognition of Thanksgiving and professional development of our employees with an emphasis on mental health and work/life balance. Campus remote operations will resume on November 30th.


Returning Students

If you have previously attended CSU-Pueblo and are returning to continue work on a bachelor's degree, your first step is to apply for admission. Your second step is to register for classes after meeting with a faculty advisor. Let us know how we can help you get started.

Colorado State University-Pueblo students walking in the General Classroom Building


  • A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher is required for readmission.
  • If your cumulative GPA is below 2.0, you must provide a written statement detailing previous academic difficulties, plans to overcome these difficulties and any other relevant information to assist our admissions committee in making a decision.

Academic Renewal

Academic renewal means your previous GPA will not be carried forward upon readmission. To be eligible for Academic Renewal, you must meet the following criteria:

  • Undergraduate student
  • Returning to CSU-Pueblo after an absence of at least three years
  • Cumulative CSU-Pueblo GPA is below 2.0

Courses with a grade of C or better will count toward graduation requirements. See the Catalog for the complete Academic Renewal requirements; applications are available in Admissions Office, Administration Building Room 202.

Transfer of Credit

Transfer credits are evaluated by Transfer Counselors upon your readmission. A Statement of Transfer Credit will be sent to you 1-3 weeks after readmission to CSU-Pueblo.

Registering for Classes

You will receive course registration information with your statement of transfer credit.


Admissions Office
2200 Bonforte Blvd
Administration Building Room 201
Phone: 719.549.2462

Frequently Asked Questions


    As a returning student, when do I have to apply for readmission?

    If you have not been enrolled in classes for two or more regular semesters, not including summer, you are required to apply for readmission to CSU-Pueblo.


    How do I pay my application fee?

    You may send a check or money order to
    CSU-Pueblo Admissions
    2200 Bonforte Blvd.
    Pueblo, CO 81001-4901
    or you may charge it to a credit card by calling 719.549.2462.


    How do I apply for readmission?

    You'll need to complete an application for admission and pay a $25 reapplication fee. If you have attended another college or university since leaving CSU-Pueblo, please submit official transcripts. If you have a cumulative GPA below 2.0 for CSU-Pueblo coursework, you must submit a written statement detailing your previous academic difficulties, how you plan to overcome them, and any other relevant information.


    How long does it take to process an application for readmission?

    Most applications are processed in one week; however, if you have attended another college, the application cannot be processed until official transcripts are received, which can take 2-3 weeks.


    As a returning student, when can I register for classes?

    After you receive your acceptance letter, you may make an appointment with your faculty advisor to register at your convenience.

Activate Your NetID

After December 18th, 2020, all students and employees will start using a new electronic ID called NetID to access Blackboard, email, computers, Kuali, and more. Activate your NetID today!

Student Instructions

Back to Top