Fraternity and Sorority Life
The mission of Fraternity & Sorority Life is to build an inclusive fraternity and sorority community and enhance the collegiate experience by supporting opportunities for Siblinghood, Leadership, Service, and Scholarship, and to serve as a liaison among the collegiate chapters, parents, alumni, international organizations, and the University to provide organizational guidance, educational programs, and resources while challenging members to live their fraternal values.
Students who engage in Fraternity and Sorority Life will [or will be able to] ...
- Demonstrate personal responsibility and respectful behavior in a community environment, and make informed decisions that will reduce high-risk behavior and positively shape their communities at CSU-Pueblo.
- Practice self-governance and work collaboratively to create and achieve community goals.
- Engage in leadership and relationship-building skills and apply them to strengthen their organizations and communities at CSU-Pueblo and beyond.
- Understand the importance of scholarship and practice academic responsibility.
- Appreciate and engage in community service and philanthropic activities.
- Demonstrate an awareness of social justice issues (i.e. culture, race, gender, class, and sexual orientation).
- Build life-long friendships based on shared values and develop a commitment to the values of their organization.