Alpha Psi Lambda
Alpha Psi Lambda Fraternity, is a co-educational, Latino-oriented Greek letter intercollegiate fraternity. It was the first such organization for Latino college students in the United States.
On March 10, 1985, at The Ohio State University, thirteen men and women were officially initiated into Alpha Psi Lambda. These individuals set the foundation for what is the nation's first and now largest co-ed Latino fraternity.
To promote continued personal and collective growth of our membership, success and unity through education, leadership, cultural awareness and community service.
The 8 Purposes of Alpha Psi Lambda
- Serve the University Campus, and Community.
- Bring forth on a scholastic level, Hispanics/Latinos, and others at the University on the Basis of Friendship.
- Provide a supplementary educational, social and cultural experience for the mutual cultivation of its members.
- Advocate for the needs and concerns of the Hispanic/Latino students.
- Promote a basis for the diversity of the Hispanic/Latino cultures.
- Enhance the educational experience through social and cultural activities, and assist in the development of members' leadership abilities.
- Promote inter-fraternity relations.
- Foster positive relations between the Greek system, University/Campus Administration, and the outside community.