Back to Top

Family Resources

Where can I...


    Buy Stamps

    The CSU-Pueblo Bookstore located in the OSC.

    Get Change

    The CSU-Pueblo Bookstore located in the OSC or the Cashiers Office located in the Admin Building.

    Buy Groceries

    • Wal-mart SuperCenter
      4200 Dillion Dr. Pueblo, CO
    • King Soopers
      102 West 29th Street, Pueblo, CO
    • Albertsons
      1601 W, 1601 US-50, Pueblo, CO
    • Natural Grocers
      101 W. 29th Street, Pueblo, CO

    Receive Mail

    Mailboxes are available in each Residence Hall. Students must request a mailbox. Residents from Walking Stick Apartments will have mailboxes available in Greenhorn Hall.

    Resident's Mailing Address:

    Student's mail box number
    Student's Name
    2290 Bonforte Blvd.
    Pueblo, CO 81001

    If there are any questions or concerns, please contact the Auxiliary Services office located in the OSC upper level. You can contact them at 719.549.2115.


    Personal Care

    Student Health Services

    Located in the Psychology Building, covered by Student Fees, this program provides minimal health care for students.

    ThunderWolf Recreation Center

    Covered by student fees, provides a large gymnasium, indoor swimming pool, fitness classes, and workout equipment for students to use.

Parent Resources

Welcome to the ThunderWolf Family! Residence Life & Housing would like to be one of the first to welcome you to the community of faculty, staff, and student-staff working to help your student be successful.

We hope to collaborate with families to help all of the students who live on campus succeed. Before your student arrives on campus, there are a few things you can do to help prepare them, and you, for the changes that will come from being a college student.

Have Conversations with your Student


    Your Expectations

    Talk about your expectations for your students. Knowing what they need to do to prove to a parent or family member that they can be a successful adult is an important part of the transition to college. These expectations can often include grades, interpersonal relationships, or communication. Explaining what you expect for grades, and helping your student to set some goals can be very effective. Relationships will often form in the college. Helping your student to make responsible decisions regarding these relationships is a tough, but important conversation. Finally, set expectations for your student to call home, and for you to call your student. Know that they will tend to call you only during the bad times and when they need support and love. Many times, "no news is good news" is the motto to live by.


    Alcohol and Drug Use

    College students will have the opportunity to partake in parties where alcohol is served to them and may also find themselves in situations where drug use may be encouraged by peers. Conversations regarding safe and responsible decision making related to alcohol and drug use are respected coming from you.



    The transition to college can be difficult on many students' wallets. Transitioning into an environment where they are partially or completely responsible for their own finances can be difficult. Couple this with the opportunity to apply for many credit cards makes this a difficult time. Credit card debt can often begin in college for many young people. Have a conversation about budgets or a spending plan with your student so that they know their limits and potential pitfalls.



    Living with other students is a difficult part of the student's transition to college. They are equally as difficult to hear about as a parent. The following are some tips that you can use to help them sort out the situation:

    • Have your student try to talk to their roommate. Because many of today's students grew up not having to share a room with someone, they are not used to having difficult conversations with others. At some point your student and their roommate filled out a Roommate or Suitemate Contract, which outlined the typical situations that roommates get in arguments about. Have them use this as a tool to mediate conflict.
    • Many times the issue is not actually the roommate. Students tend to blame things on the roommate when they are having a difficult time in their classes, meeting friends, or finding space to study. It is important to help your student pinpoint what is at the heart of the matter.
    • Have your student talk to her or his Resident Assistant (RA). The RA is there to listen, to be a friend, and has been trained to handle all sorts of roommate conflicts. They will make sure that both roommates are heard and listened to. If the situation is too severe for the RA, the RA will make a referral to the Residence Life Coordinator, who then will meet with each of the students and make a determination about what action to take in the matter.
    • It is okay to call the Coordinator with concerns. However, it is typical that the coordinator may not have been informed of the situation. This is especially true if it is relatively new or if your student has not talked to his or her RA yet. Please also note that because of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the Coordinators may not be able to divulge information about the situation. They can listen to your concern, and make sure that the appropriate action is being taken by all involved parties
    • Exercise patience, we know it hurts you to know your student is struggling, however, roommate conflicts, just like any other arguments, take time to heal. After any action has been taken, we'll keep following up on the roommates to make sure they are doing better, or we will take additional action to resolve any further issues. We will do everything we can to help your student have a successful experience at CSU-Pueblo.

    Who's Here to Help your Student Succeed

    Desk Assistants: DAs are the "face" of Residence Life! They manage many day-to-day functions that are crucial to the success of our department. They are located at the front desk area of each Residence Hall and are often the first contact for students and guests entering housing. DAs are trained to handle all sort of issues, most importantly, a students' everyday need.

    Resident Assistants: RAs live in each community and are trained to handle all sorts of transition issues like homesickness and academic success. They know your student better than anyone else, because they live right there with them! This makes the RA a wonderful resource for your student.

    Residence Life Coordinators: These full-time staff members live in the halls, and they supervise the RAs. They are the staff who respond when there are emergencies, or when the RA needs assistance with a difficult issue. Often these staff have years of experience living in the halls and helping students transition into a collegiate environment.

Care and Linen Packages


    Order a Care Package Today!

    Our Residence Hall Association has teamed up with SWAK University Services to provide your student with fantastic care packages!
    There are package options for the entire school year. Choose from a Welcome Pack to welcome your student to campus, Treats for Halloween and/or Valentine's Day or a pack to help them through their Fall and Spring Finals .
    Give your student that extra support to thrive during this sometimes stressful transition period to college life.

    Order today as more popular packages do run out!



    What is FERPA?

    The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records.

    These rights include:

    1. The right to inspect and review the student's education records within 45 days from the day the University receives a request for access.
    2. The right to request an amendment of the student's education records that the student believes to be inaccurate.
    3. The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student's education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
    4. The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by Colorado State University-Pueblo to comply with the requirements of FERPA.

    When is a student protected by FERPA?

    When a student turns 18 years of age or attends a postsecondary institution, the student, and only the student, may access, seek to amend, and consent to disclosures of his or her education records.

    As a parent, what am I allowed to access under FERPA?

    You may only access directory information if your son/daughter has not elected to block it.


    Can my son/daughter grant me access to their education records?

    If your son/daughter chooses to grant you access to their educational records, they may do so by filling out and submitting a "Consent for Release" form in the Registrar's Office. This can be a one-time release or a permanent release. A student can also choose to reverse a permanent release by visiting the Registrar's Office and filling out appropriate paperwork.


    In case of an emergency, how can I contact my son/daughter?

    In an emergency, please contact the on-campus Pueblo County Sheriff's Office at 719.549.2373 and they can assist in contacting your son/daughter.


    Where do I call with questions about FERPA?

    Please call the CSU-Pueblo Registrar's Office at 719.549.2261.

Discover CSU Pueblo

students studying in LARC

Request more information about our degree programs, activities, sports, application process, and more!

Request Information

Register for Classes

two students smiling

Attend an Enrollment Extravaganza for quick-and-easy, one-stop registration and a chance to win a scholarship!

Residence Life and Housing Office


Back to Top