Back to Top
  • COVID-19 Update: Remote Operations in Effect


    Until further notice, CSU Pueblo is serving our students and the public in a remote model.

Student Associations

Social work students can become involved in two different organizations through the Social Work Department. First, all students are encouraged to join the Student Social Workers Association (SSWA). The organization meets on at least a monthly basis and engages in activities that benefit the community and increase student skills working with oppressed and high-risk populations. Students must complete an SSWA application and pay a membership fee of $5.00 and donate two cans of food to join. Canned foods are distributed to local food banks. Applications can be obtained by clicking the link below. Applications are also available in the Social Work Department, GCB 310.

CSU-Pueblo Student Social Work Association Membership Form

The Phi Alpha Honor Society has established a chapter of the Zeta Delta Chapter for social work students at Colorado State University-Pueblo. Students must complete a Phi Alpha application to begin the process of becoming a member. The following standards must be met in order to become a member:

  1. Must have declared social work as your major.
  2. Must have achieved sophomore status.
  3. Must have completed 9 semester hours or 12 quarter hours for social work courses.
  4. Must have achieved an overall grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale.
  5. Must have achieved a grade point average of 3.50 in required social work courses.

Applications are available from the link below or in the Social Work Department in the General Classroom Building (GCB 310).

Phi Alpha Honor Society Application

Aerial shot of campus fountain

Campus Safety: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

We have a number of individuals working on a plan to ensure that we are prepared to take care of our students and employees in the event our campus is directly impacted by the coronavirus.

Social Work Department

Faculty and Staff

Back to Top