Back to Top
  • CAMPUS CLOSED on Monday, July 4th.


    Campus is closed on Monday, July 4th in celebration of Independence Day.

Program Admission

Step 1 - University Application

All students interested in the Bachelor of Social Work program must apply to CSU Pueblo in addition to the department. 

Students can apply to Colorado State University Pueblo here:


Important: Applicants must submit a $35 payment for their application

Step 2 - Meet With Your Pack Center Academic Success Coach

Your Academic Success Coach will contact you once you have met the required credits to begin the social work program. It is important to express your interest in the Social Work Program by your junior year.

Eligibility into the Social Work Program will begin during the junior year. Students need to meet with an academic success coach each semester to avoid impact entrance to 300 level courses, field eligibility, and/or proposed graduation date. 

Visit The PACK Center

Step 3 - Meet With a Social Work Advisor

Call the Department of Social Work at (719) 549-2631 to set up an appointment with an advisor.  It is important that you meet with your BSW social work advisor every semester to ensure you remain on track to complete the pre-requisite courses for a timely progress toward graduation.

Admission Requirements for Upper Division Courses

  • A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or a minimum GPA of 2.5 in required social work and social work  required courses
  • Completion of SW100, SW201, SW202, SW205, Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Sociology, a human biology course, and a political science course

Summary of Forms and Documents

Summer 2022

Two students leaving the OSC

$500 Scholarship Opportunity

Advising for summer courses is open. New and current students are eligible for a $500 summer scholarship if enrolled in 9 or more summer credits. 

Summer Scholarship Interest Form

Schedule Advising

Registration is Open

Student smiling at camera

Registration for both summer and fall courses is open for continuing students. Students can register for classes in self-service Banner or reference the following instructions and resources.

Department of Social Work

Faculty and Staff

Back to Top