Borrow Materials From Other Libraries & Collections
With the Prospector Union Catalog offline until Spring, 2017, CSU-Pueblo affiliates--students, faculty, and staff-- should consider borrowing library materials directly from WorldCat, CSU-Ft. Collins, and the Pueblo City and County Library (PCCLD). Our interlibrary loan system, "ClioWeb", may also be used to order items not in our collections, as usual.
Please contact the Research Help Desk, (719) 549-2333, for any assistance you may need with using the following alternate borrowing sources:
Ways to borrow
Access our WorldCat borrowing tutorial or read the following instructions. WorldCat contains millions of library materials, making it a popular borrowing source.
- WorldCat contains millions of library materials, making it a popular borrowing source.
- You will use your e-account/Blackboard account username (i.e., jc.smith or jane.smith) to borrow WorldCat items.
- Type in your keywords, and select your item from the search results by clicking on the item's title.
- If you see a green badge in the item's record , , we own the item and it is located in the library building. Ask a library staff member for assistance with finding it, (719) 549-2333 or (719) 549-2386.
- For items without the green badge, locate the "ILL" icon, , at the top-left of the page, and click on it. Fill out the form fields marked with a blue asterisk and click the "Submit" button at the bottom-left of the page. You will receive a confirmation of the transaction.
- An email will be sent to you when your item is ready for pickup at the CSU-Pueblo Circulation Desk on the first floor of the Library.
Borrow Directly from Morgan Library @ CSU-Ft. CollinsDirect Borrowing from Morgan Library will be active after January 14th, 2017. For more information, please contact the Research Help Desk on the second floor of the CSU-Pueblo Library, (719) 549-2326.
Pueblo City & County Library District (PCCLD)
The CSU-Pueblo Library and the Pueblo City and County Library District (PCCLD) have set up a public library location at the CSU-Pueblo Library. The project is called "Library @ theU". CSU-Pueblo affiliates may order items directly from PCCLD from any computer and have them delivered to the CSU-Pueblo Library Circulation Desk.
- You will use your PCCLD Library Card information to order items from the public library. If you don't have a PCCLD card, you can obtain one from the CSU-Pueblo Library Circulation Desk or at any of Pueblo's public library locations.
- To access the PCCLD catalog and order items, go directly to the PCCLD library homepage and begin a catalog search.
- Select an item from your search and use your PCCLD card number with your PIN to order it. Choose "University" from the pickup location drop-down box.
- You will receive an email when your item is ready for pickup at the CSU-Pueblo Library Circulation Desk on the first floor of the Library.
- You may drop off your item to the same Circulation Desk, or turn it in to any public library location.
CLIO Interlibrary Loan "Self-Serve" Borrowing System
- If you know the item you want, and you know some of the item's identifying details like the author, title, and publishing date, you might use ClioWeb to order it. All ClioWeb orders go to our Interlibrary Loan Department for processing.
- You will use your e-account/Blackboard account username (i.e., jc.smith or jane.smith) to access ClioWeb. Login to the system.
- If you have never logged-in to ClioWeb, you need to register first so the Library can send you your ordered materials using the ClioWeb system. This is a one-time registration.
- To order an article or book, look to the left of the landing page screen and choose either "New Book Request" or New Article Request". Fill out as many fields as you can. Be sure to enter your phone number in case we need to contact you for more information about your item request.
- Click the "Submit New Request" button at the bottom of the page.
- If your request is for an electronic or digitized item, it will emailed to your email address on file.
- If your request is for a physical item, you will receive an email when your item is ready for pickup at the CSU-Pueblo Library Circulation Desk on the first floor of the Library.
Why can't I borrow from Prospector?
?Prospector Unified Catalog is integrated into the CSU-Pueblo Library Catalog, which is being replaced by a new catalog, so Prospector must be turned off until the library has completed the replacement.
Therefore, Prospector will be unavailable beginning October 20th, and we estimate that it will be available again sometime in the middle of spring semester, 2017.
While Prospector is unavailable, CSU-Pueblo affiliates should use the alternate borrowing sources listed on this page.
Please contact the Research Help Desk for any assistance you may need, (719) 549-2333.