Back to Top

Employment FAQs


    How do I apply for open positions?

    Each job opening has different application requirements. Please follow the “how to apply” instructions on each announcement of interest. 


    Do I have to be a Colorado resident to apply for your positions?

    You must be a Colorado resident to apply for a state classified position.  You are not required to be a Colorado Resident for Faculty or Administrative/Professional positions.


    Can I submit one application for several positions?

    A separate application is required for each announced vacancy as identified by a unique job announcement.  However, if a single announcement states that multiple positions may be filled during a search, only one application is necessary. 


    Do you accept emailed applications?

    We do not accept emailed applications.  Human Resources does accept applications that are mailed, hand delivered or faxed.  The address to mail applications or deliver is:

    Colorado State University Pueblo
    Attn: Human Resources
    2200 Bonforte Blvd
    Pueblo, CO 81001
    Fax: 719.549.2902

    Be sure to indicate which position you are applying for.


    What does open until filled mean?

    Many of our positions are open until filled.  This means if the position is posted on the web site, we are still accepting submission of materials.  However, to ensure full consideration, please submit your applicant materials by the date indicated in the “applicant review” section of the announcement or if no date is indicated, as soon as possible.  


    If I received a letter regarding the receipt of my applicant materials, what should I do?

    If you are applying for a non-classified position, you will receive a letter from the Human Resources office acknowledging receipt of your applicant materials and you are not required to respond.  However, this does not verify that your submission is complete, that you met the minimum qualifications or indicate that further information may not be required. 

    Once the search committee reviews your application, you may receive written notice of the need to submit additional materials in order to receive full consideration.  If you receive this notification, you should follow the instructions included in the letter or email in order to complete your applicant materials. 


    If I have questions, who do I call?

    You can call Human Resources and speak to our Selection Specialist.


    How long does the selection process take?

    State Classified positions generally take 4-8 weeks to complete.

    Our selection process for non-classified positions takes a minimum of 30 days.  Our goal is to hire the most qualified individuals in the most efficient manner possible.  However, searches require the coordination of many schedules and can take several months to fully complete.  All applicants will receive a formal notice when a search is concluded, canceled or suspended.


    Can I provide a resume for future consideration?

    Applicant materials including letters of interest, resumes or curriculum vitas for regular, non-classified positions are only accepted at the time of an announced vacancy.  Unsolicited resumes will not be considered for future openings or be held on file in Human Resources.  You must apply at the time of vacancy and follow the application instructions for the position that you are interested in. 

    You may contact specific academic departments to determine if they are accepting resumes for part-time, temporary teaching positions.


    Are you a state agency?

    Yes, we are a state agency.  If you are a PERA retiree and want to work for CSU Pueblo, you must follow the guidance from PERA on work after retirement found on their website.


    What kind of benefits do you offer to employees?

    We offer different benefits depending on the type of employee you are. Please visit the benefits section to learn more.


    Are all employees eligible to participate in the Public Employees Retirement Association?

    State classified employees are eligible for PERA and are required to participate.  Faculty and Administrative/Professional employees are only eligible for participation in PERA if the employee is a current PERA member with 12 months of current service credit.  


    I am not a US Citizen. Can I apply for open positions?

    You are eligible to apply.  However, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, you must be able to submit evidence of the ability to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.  No one will be placed on the University’s payroll until all employment procedures are fully satisfied. 


    How do I request an accommodation to help with the hiring process?

    If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Office.


    Do I need to send the Applicant Demographic Sheet with my application materials?

    The Application Demographic sheet is voluntary; however, we encourage you to include the document with your applicant materials.  This sheet will be sent to our Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity office for review.  This document WILL NOT be used for selection purposes.


    What happens after I submit an application?

    Application materials will be reviewed by a committee of subject matter experts.  The committee will determine who to move forward to the reference and interview process.

    Our search committees may contact applicants if additional information is needed but applicants should ensure a complete application is submitted.  Applicants will be notified when references will be conducted, and/or if an applicant has been selected for an interview.  All applicants will be notified once the search process is complete.

    Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to verify status of individual applications; however, if you would like an update on the progress of a search, you can call Human Resources.


    Is an Official Transcript required with my application materials?

    Your application materials only need an unofficial transcript.  However, official transcripts are required prior to appointment.


    What is the best way to familiarize myself with the university and campus?

    There are multiple pages on our website that provide information about the University.  Please browse the different offerings/departments, and the About section.


    Where can I find more information about Pueblo and Colorado?

    CSU Pueblo is the employer of choice in the Southern Colorado region. Learn more about Pueblo and region below here.

Discover CSU Pueblo

students studying in LARC

Request more information about our degree programs, activities, sports, application process, and more!

Request Information

Register for Classes

two students smiling

Attend an Enrollment Extravaganza for quick-and-easy, one-stop registration and a chance to win a scholarship!

Human Resources & Institutional Equity


Back to Top