Back to Top

ASSET In-State Tuition Rate

Colorado Flag

The ASSET Bill and Your Eligibility

Undocumented students who have been accepted for admission or are continuing Colorado State University students are eligible for in-state tuition at Colorado’s public higher education institutions under the ASSET bill, Senate Bill 13-033, if they meet the necessary qualifications outlined below.

    Qualifications for Colorado ASSET In-State Tuition

    To qualify for Colorado ASSET in-state tuition, an undocumented student must:

    • Have attended a public or private high school in Colorado for at least three years before graduation or completed a general equivalency diploma (GED) in Colorado. Three years is defined as six academic terms from three separate years immediately preceding graduation or completing the Colorado GED.
    • Be admitted to a Colorado college or university within 12 months of graduation from a Colorado high school, completion of a Colorado GED OR graduated from a Colorado high school or completed a Colorado GED before September 1, 2013, and have continuous physical presence in Colorado for 18 months preceding the start of the semester.
    • Apply for COF and complete an affidavit with the College Opportunity Fund indicating that you have applied for legal presence or will apply as soon as you are eligible to do so. DACA students should not use their social security number and should request a College Opportunity Fund ID#.

    ASSET Application Process

    To receive ASSET in-state tuition students must:

    • Submit the Colorado State University Pueblo Asset Application and supporting documents as soon as admitted to CSU but not later than 30 days prior to the first day of the semester for which you are applying. If you are completing the CSU Scholarship Application your Asset Application Form should be submitted by February 1.
    • Submit official final Colorado high school transcripts indicating three years of attendance at a Colorado high school immediately before obtaining your Colorado high school diploma or Colorado GED.
    • Submit an official Colorado GED transcript, if applicable.
    • If you are a transfer student, submit official proof of acceptance at a Colorado college or university (institutions other than Colorado State University) within 12 months of graduation from a Colorado high school or completion of a Colorado GED.
    • Submit a signed affidavit to COF online or by printing the paper application.

    Students Who Graduated or Completed a GED Before September 1, 2013

    If you were not accepted to a Colorado college/university within 12 months of graduation from a Colorado high school or competition of a Colorado GED prior to September 1, 2013, you must submit proof of 18 months of continuous physical presence in Colorado prior to the first day of the semester. The documents must indicate a Colorado mailing address in order to determine continuous physical presence.

    You must provide the following documents to prove 18 months continuous physical presence:

    • Copy of lease agreement signed by all parties or rent receipts
    • Homeowner should include copy of their warranty deed or tax liability statement
    • If you lived with a friend or relative, you must provide a notarized statement from that person indicating the property address and the dates you lived with them. You must also provide a copy of their lease, rent receipts, or warranty deed.

    Provide at least 3 of the following documents:

    • Colorado state identification or driver’s license
    • Colorado vehicle registration
    • Proof of employment (W-2 or check stubs)
    • Signed copies of Colorado income tax return or Colorado tax transcript for the previous year
    • Letter from a person in a position of authority substantiating physical presence (i.e., clergy, high school counselor, social worker, homeless shelter, employer, etc.)
    • Official records from religious entity in Colorado (e.g. baptism, first communion, wedding)
    • Birth certificates of your children born in Colorado
    • Insurance policies
    • Military records
    • Any other relevant document will be accepted on a case-by-case basis

    At CSU Pueblo we believe all students have the right to learn. That’s why we work hard to help students understand their eligibility, regardless of citizen status.

Discover CSU Pueblo

students studying in LARC

Request more information about our degree programs, activities, sports, application process, and more!

Request Information

Register for Classes

two students smiling

Attend an Enrollment Extravaganza for quick-and-easy, one-stop registration and a chance to win a scholarship!

Request More Information

Admissions Office

Back to Top