Back to Top

International Students FAQ


    What is the weather like in Pueblo, Colorado?

    Pueblo is in a semi arid region, therefore, it is hot in the summer and cold (with snowfall) in the winter. Temperatures vary during the spring and autumn seasons. Suitable clothing can be purchased upon arrival, but items such as a winter coat (if arriving in January) should be brought from home if possible. 


    How do I file my income tax return(s) as an international student?

    Please review the Internal Revenue Service website for help with income tax preparation. 


    Can I use my international driver’s license in Colorado?

    Yes, the international driver's license can be used for driving in Colorado while you are a non-resident student.


    How much does it cost to buy a car and mandatory automobile insurance?

    The cost of a vehicle, as in any country, depends on the make, model and year of the car. Used cars are generally less expensive than new cars, but more money may be paid in maintenance costs over the driving period. Insurance costs vary according to a driver's gender, age, driving experience, and type of vehicle that is being insured. Discounts can be obtained through most insurance agencies for students who have good grades (good student discount). Liability vehicle insurance is the minimum insurance requirement in the state of Colorado and must be obtained upon purchasing a vehicle.


    Is it cheaper to live on campus or off?

    Unmarried freshmen under the age of 21 must live in the residence halls for the first year of study. Although in general comparison it would seem that living off-campus is less expensive than the dormitory, once again, when a student considers the cost of food, transportation, etc., living on-campus has its advantages. Upperclassmen and graduate students may also choose to live on-campus in the Walking Stick Village Apartment complex. More information on housing can be obtained at: Residence Life and Housing.


    Where are the ski resorts in Colorado and what is the cost to ski?

    Colorado has an abundance of snow skiing resorts (over 20), some within shorter distances of the campus. Visit this website for more specific information on various resorts. Also, the Experiential Learning Center, of the CSU Pueblo campus, offers student trips throughout the ski season at a greatly reduced cost.

    Check out the Outdoor Pursuits website for more information on pending and past trips.


    Will there be local food markets where I can buy food items from my country?

    There are ethnic food aisles in the major grocery stores in the Pueblo area. Also, Colorado Springs and Denver have various Asian food markets and other special interest stores.


    What is the public transportation system like in Pueblo?

    There is a public bus system in Pueblo that visits the campus throughout the day at 15-minute intervals. The buses do not run at night or on Sundays. Students can pay a monthly rate for citywide bus usage. Taxi service is also available, but is not as prevalent as in larger cities. Many students rely on bicycles to assist them with transportation needs.


    Can I speak or write to someone from my own country who is currently attending CSU-Pueblo?

    Yes, several students provide us with permission to give out their names, phone numbers, and email addresses. Just contact the Center with your request.


    When requesting official test scores from ETS, what institutional code should I use?

    The institutional school code for CSU Pueblo is 4611. Please review admissions requirements.


Discover CSU Pueblo

students studying in LARC

Request more information about our degree programs, activities, sports, application process, and more!

Request Information

Register for Classes

two students smiling

Attend an Enrollment Extravaganza for quick-and-easy, one-stop registration and a chance to win a scholarship!

Request More Information

Admissions Office

Back to Top