Back to Top

International Students

two students sitting at the library

Most international students on F-1 visas who are currently residing in the U.S. are eligible for employment under certain conditions. International students on F-1 visas can seek employment in areas related to their major field of study before and after graduation.

The Career Center recommends international students to research companies that sponsor H1 Visas and/or those that invest in overseas operations. The United States immigration laws permit international students to be employed in the U.S. during and after a course of study. However, these regulations have specific requirements and restrictions.

If you wish to work in the United States, you must plan ahead! The Career Center advisors can help you with the different stages of your job search including your American-style resume and job strategy.

It is critical that you work closely with the CSU Pueblo Center for International Programs and Inclusive Excellence. Their staff is the campus expert on work permission and immigration regulations which are changing constantly. Check with CIP at every stage of your job search to avoid being offered a job but having no legal basis upon which to accept it.

Visit Center for Student Support and Advocacy

Discover CSU Pueblo

students studying in LARC

Request more information about our degree programs, activities, sports, application process, and more!

Request Information


Feb 06

5:00 PM to 7:00 PM

ASG Elections Coming up! Attendance Required for ALL students considering running for candidacy. ...

Feb 09

All Day

Deadline for Spring Graduation Contracts to be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. Note: Contracts received after 5:00 p.m. on this date will be assessed a $25.00 late fee....

Feb 10

8:00 AM to 2:00 PM


Register for Classes

two students smiling

Attend an Enrollment Extravaganza for quick-and-easy, one-stop registration and a chance to win a scholarship!

Back to Top