Institutional Effectiveness Committee
The Institutional Effectiveness Committee (IEC) at Colorado State University-Pueblo has been charged by the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs with providing leadership for the overall direction and support of university and academic program effectiveness, assessment and improvement. Specifically, it will work with the Assistant Provost for Assessment, Student Learning and Effectiveness to:
- Develop an institutional effectiveness plan and timeline that is aligned with the mission statement and strategic plan of the campus.
- Review and analyze institutional effectiveness indicators including student learning outcomes assessment.
- Review results and reports from the academic departments and the General Education Board, and make recommendations for continuous improvement on campus.
- Provide recommendations to the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs for budgeting and strategic planning based on the results of effectiveness processes.
- Oversee assessment and evaluation activities across campus to assure they result in integrated, meaningful, and sustained campus and program improvement.
- Communicate the results of institutional effectiveness efforts to appropriate campus and external stakeholders to promote accountability and transparency.
- Explore the potential for integrating assessment and program review processes to maximize efficiency, avoid redundancies and strengthen teaching and learning.
- Recommend changes to the university's reporting strategies and feedback processes as appropriate.
- Determine how faculty activities related to assessment can be used in promotion and tenure, and develop processes to recognize and reward faculty and departments for making meaningful contributions to assessment efforts.
- Serve as a resource for institutional effectiveness efforts on campus.
Initially, the members of the IEC will be appointed by and will report to the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs. The membership and reporting structure may change over time.
The IEC meeting schedule will be adjusted to best meet the needs of the campus and the Committee members.