Student organizations play an integral role in the educational and social life on campus at CSU-Pueblo. Recognized student organizations demonstrate a close affiliation with the university and share a common vision in the promotion of extra-curricular and co-curricular missions of the university. There are several categories of student organizations, including: academic, cultural, honor, specific interest, athletic, and more.
Make the most of your college experience by getting involved!
Leaders of recognized organizations will be able to:
- Articulate the procedure/protocol to run a successful meeting.
- Explain how organizations are in congruence with CSU-Pueblo's core and community values.
- Describe the value of budgeting, recording minutes, and archiving historical information pertaining to organizations.
- Explain how to register an organization
- Facilitate training on technologies CSU-Pueblo utilizes to market organizations and events.
Students participating in organizations will be able to:
- Explain how their organization connects to CSU-Pueblo's core and community values.
- Identify requirements or recognized student organizations and be able to locate the Student Organization Handbook
- Explain the value of recording minutes and historical information pertaining to the club.
- State how leadership is transitioned in their club or organization.
- Use various leadership techniques and styles to communicate with members of organizations and staff that oversee student organizations
- Problem solve when issues emerge in meetings, at events, or internal.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is PackLink?PackLink is a master tool for organization members to manage their organization. PackLink allows members to submit a Student Organization Funding (SOF) Grant, administer polls, publish events and news, sign up for contests and recruitment opportunities, and post discussion forums. The Student Organization Team within the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership uses PackLink to communicate with student organizations and review documents submitted by organization members.
Are there grants available for student organizations?One of the biggest benefits to becoming a Recognized Student Organization is the accessibility of Student Organization Funding (SOF) Grants. SOF monies are allotted to create sustainability within organizations, host events, and travel to conferences. Before filling out a SOF Grant Proposal, refer to the 2016-2017 Student Organization Handbook .
Where can I get posters approved?Take your poster to Student Engagement and Leadership for review. Afterward, you must obtain a stamp from the Office of External Affairs in the Administration Building room 320. To post posters in the Occhiato University Center, you must obtain a stamp from Auxiliary Services in the Occhiato University Center Information Desk. To post in Residence Halls, you must deliver a stack of approved posters to the Culebra Hall front desk.
How do I get a Multimedia Designer to create posters for my organization?Organization members must submit an Advertisement Request on PackLink at least three weeks in advance. A designer will review the submission and either approve or deny the request.
How do I start a new Recognized Student Organization?Meet with the Student Org Graduate Assistant prior to starting a new organization. New organizations require four current CSU-Pueblo students to serve as officers, a CSU-Pueblo faculty/staff advisor, mission statement, and constitution at the time of application submission. Refer to the Student Organization Handbook for more details on requirements.
How do I find an advisor for my organization?
Ask faculty and staff members with an interest in what your student organization will represent.
Can an organizations order food from off campus?Due to the University agreement with Chartwells, all food must be catered by Chartwells University Catering. For exceptions or questions, please contact Auxiliary Services at 719.549.2149.
What organizations have been awarded grants by the Student Organization Funding (SOF) committee this year?A list of SOF grants awarded during the Fall 2016 semester can be found here.