Work Where You Live!
Residence Life has several different types of student staff positions. Student staff members work with students daily and often live in the residence halls to assist with day-to-day life and build community in the halls.
Resident AssistantThe Resident Assistant (RA) position at Colorado State University-Pueblo is a student leadership opportunity sponsored by the Office of Residence Life and Housing. Residence Life at at CSU-Pueblo strives to create a positive environment for students by providing staff, programs, services, and facilities that promote and support educational, social and cultural development. The RA's primary responsibility is for the development of a living/learning community atmosphere in a residential setting of 20-40 people.
An RA can expect about 20 hours of work per week within their residence hall. An RA's time is primarily spent:
- Providing educational and social programs for residents
- Being on duty in the residential community
- Being available to residents
- Maintaining effective and positive relationships with residents
- Referring students to campus resources
- Enforcing the University's discipline philosophy
A successful Resident Assistant willingly acts as a role model for other students by striving for excellence in their position and living according to the standards outlined in the University Code of Conduct.
Senior StaffThe Senior Staff (SS) position at Colorado State University-Pueblo is a student leadership opportunity sponsored by the Office of Residence Life and Housing. Residence Life at CSU-Pueblo strives to create a positive environment for students by providing staff, programs, services, and facilities that promote and support educational, social and cultural development.
Through this valuable learning experience, the Senior Staff assist the Professional Staff, Resident Assistants, and other students by:
- Serving as a liaison to the professional staff
- Serving as a resource for fellow staff members
- Assisting the Professional Staff with the operational and programmatic goals of the department
A successful Senior Staff member willingly acts as a role model for Resident Assistants, Alternate Resident Assistants, and other students by striving for excellence in their position and living according to the standards outlined in the University Code of Conduct.
Desk AssistantThe Desk Assistant (DA) position at Colorado State University-Pueblo is a position where DA's work the front desk of their assigned residence hall and help maintain the security of the building while providing friendly customer service for the residents of the hall.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Signing in residents’ guests
- Inform visitors and students of all campus services or refer them
- Offer prompt and courteous customer service to everyone
- Identify and report emergencies, disruptive behavior, and maintenance problems
- Supporting Residence Life staff members
The Office Assistant (OA) performs tasks related to the daily operations of the Office of Residence Life and Housing. By performing these tasks, the Office Assistant is able to provide excellent customer service to students living in the Residence Halls.
Office Assistants are responsible for the following duties:
- Provide back-up telephone coverage in the Residence Life Office
- Provide accurate information for all customers
- Listen to the concerns of residents and parents and address them whenever possible
- Process work orders and maintain log
- Create and maintain files
- Deliver correspondence and run errands to areas on campus
- Support in-office Professional Staff members with major projects
- Special Projects
The Operations Assistant (OP) is designed to provide operational service components for the Office of Residence Life and Housing. There are a number of different areas that require attention during the course of the academic year.
Specific duties for are listed below:
- Preparation of facilities and hall rooms
- General minor repair work to halls
- Weekly building walkthroughs
- Provide customer service and emergency support
- Miscellaneous administrative duties
- Other duties as assigned