Back to Top

International Programs

Exchange Programs

Exchange & Partner Programs 

Colorado State University-Pueblo's Center for International Programs can arrange study abroad opportunities at universities in Asia, Europe, and Mexico. Under these programs, CSU-Pueblo students can study abroad for the cost of regular CSU-Pueblo tuition and fees. Students receiving financial aid and/or scholarships continue to collect these benefits while studying in another country.  

Some of the universities in Asia and Europe, at which CSU-Pueblo students can study, offer free language instruction in the summer. One year of college-level foreign language instruction is required for studying in a non-English speaking country. This academic year, CSU-Pueblo students are studying at universities in Italy, France and Germany.  

For more information on the possibility of studying abroad, please contact Heidi Laino, for an appointment at 719.549.2764 or

For more information on the Study Abroad program, contact Heidi Laino at 719.549.2764 to set up an appointment, or just stop by at the Center for International Programs, OSC, Suite 106.

Students wishing to participate in study abroad programs, must be in good academic standing and have a minimum GPA of 2.5. We recommend being enrolled with CSU-Pueblo for at least one year and of junior status. In order to participate in foreign speaking countries, it is required to have at least two semesters of university studies in the required language. Some universities teach their courses in the English language, but you man need to participate in intensive language courses in the particular country, in order to be able to communicate with locals. 

A reciprocal exchange program is unique in that Colorado State University-Pueblo has a contractual relationship with a specific university abroad. It is specified in the agreement that students will "exchange” places at the respective institution. A CSU-Pueblo student would pay the exact tuition and fees as if taking courses at CSU-Pueblo (resident or nonresident as appropriate) and study at the exchange university for a semester, year, or summer.

The experience of studying abroad will help a student gain a global perspective on other countries and people.

Do not hesitate - come see us for more information!

National Student Exchange

National Student Exchange (NSE) is a program of over 200 colleges and universities that assist undergraduate students in attending American universities in almost every state and several U.S. territories for up to one year.
Instead of crossing oceans, NSE students cross state, regional, provincial and cultural borders.

Federally – funded financial aid may be used by eligible NSE participants enrolling at U.S. member colleges and universities.

An application fee of $150.00 will be necessary for NSE Applicants.

Interested students can contact the Center for International Programs and speak with the NSE coordinator, who will assist you in finding the right university with the right combination of courses, facilities, and environment to meet your academic and personal needs and interests. CIP is located in the Occhiato Student Center, OSC, Suite 106. Phone 719.549.2329 or 549.2475.

EF College Study Tours

EF College Study Tours works with CSU-Pueblo to develop short-term faculty led study abroad programs.  We offer programs for the Italian Studies and History departments, including this years program to Italy and Greece, and next year’s WWII Anniversary program. 

To learn about the program, contact the faculty, and enroll, please visit these enrollment websites for programs we currently offer on campus:

  • Professor Chris Picicci’s program  to Barcelona, South of France, and Italy.
  • Professor Grant Weller’s program  to the United Kingdom, France, Belgium and Germany (D-Day Program).


International Programs

Back to Top