Back to Top

Transfer Students

The Pre Engineering program allows students to take 2 years of courses at CSU-Pueblo and transfer elsewhere to complete an undergraduate degree in engineering. We also welcome students who want to transfer into our Engineering programs.

The department provides courses for the first two years of engineering education for transfer students. Students who wish to pursue any engineering degree other than the BS in Industrial Engineering (BSIE) or the BS in Engineering with Mechatronics specialization (BSE-Mechatronics) must transfer to somewhere other than CSU-Pueblo to complete the degree. Students who intend to transfer should list Pre-Engineering as their major. The first two years of engineering at CSU-Pueblo are similar to the first two years of engineering at other universities. Professor Jude DePalma ( can help you select courses that are most likely to transfer successfully.

 We welcome transfer students from community colleges and other colleges and universities. Students can complete much of the first two years of the BSIE or the BSE-Mechatronics at another institution and then transfer to CSU-Pueblo to complete either of these degrees.  The following document gives information to help students considering transfer into our Engineering programs.  

Transfer student guides and articulation agreements can be found on our admissions website.

CSU-Pueblo also has a Civil Engineering Technology major. Contact Professor Mincic ( for information.​​

Shot of three students in online, in person, and hybrid learning formats.

Get Ready for Fall 2020

Cross-campus plans have been developed that allow for in-person, hybrid, and online class experiences that will help you to tailor your schedule in a flexible way that meets your personal needs.

Department of Engineering 

Faculty and Staff

Back to Top