Colorado State University-Pueblo will make every effort to assist you in securing a position in your education-related field upon graduation. CSU-Pueblo does not guarantee employment and obtaining a position in your career field is your responsibility. Therefore, in order to assist you most effectively, the Career Center staff at CSU-Pueblo must have your full participation in your career search. Failure to comply with the guidelines indicated in this agreement will negatively affect our ability to assist you and your ability to secure employment.
Colorado State University-Pueblo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action university. Students with disabilities needing assistance to attend an event, please call the Career Center, at 719.549.2980, three business days before the event.
Colorado State University-Pueblo is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the university community. In accordance with federal and state law, the university prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
Colorado State University-Pueblo recognizes the value and efficiency of communication to students through electronic mail. At the same time, email raises some issues concerning security and the identity of each individual in an email exchange. For this reason, CSU-Pueblo provides each student with a free email account. This allows the university to maintain a high degree of confidence in the identity of all individuals corresponding and the security of the transmitted information.
For all official business, CSU-Pueblo Career Center staff will send email correspondence through email@example.com email address unless specifically instructed by the student to use a secondary email. Students choosing to communicate through electronic transmission are held to, and verify, their agreement to the "Employment" statement above.
Links to any resource should not be interpreted as an endorsement of or contractual relation with any product, viewpoint, organization, or individual and the CSU-Pueblo Career Center. Upon creation of this informational resource, links to other locations were up to date and accurate. This information is, however, subject to change without notice. Please notify us if your selections route you to an invalid web address.
The Colorado State University-Pueblo Career Center encourages employers to interact with our students to inform and interest them in career and internship opportunities. The Career Center offers assistance to employers in accordance with the Principles of Professional Practice for Career Service Professionals outlined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) . The Career Center also expects employers to act in accordance with the Principles Employment Professionals. In addition, employers must meet these qualifications to participate:
- Must clearly indicate the employing organization name
- Must not solicit or sell their products or services during the course of recruiting
- Must fully disclose the structure of their compensation packages and business costs incurred through their first year of employment.
- Must not overstate possible compensation.
Final approval to use facilities and services of the Career Center is determined by the Director of the Career Center and may be revoked if these policies or the NACE principles are violated. The permission to use facilities and services does not imply University approval or endorsement of the policies, practices, or products/services of the recruiting employer.
- Detailed On-Campus Recruiting/Participation Policy
- Detailed Third-Party/Contract Recruiting Policy
- Recruiter Code of Conduct
Commission Sales Policy
The CSU-Pueblo Career Center seeks to maintain a positive relationship with employing organizations from every sector of the economy. Some conditions of employment, however, are outside the range of opportunities that we would like to offer students. On-campus recruiting, attendance at career and internship fairs, and/or postings to the Career Center Twolves CSO Online website, will be open to commission sales organizations only if they agree to the following conditions:
- Commission based positions will be posted only for full time jobs for graduates. No commission based internships will be approved for posting.
- Commission based jobs will be posted only if the organization clearly outlines what the commission payout structure is.
- Upon making an employment offer, employer must disclose all expenses candidate will incur during first year of employment.
- Any candidate leaving the organization will not be found to be in debt to the organization for training expenses or for 'draw against commission' in lieu of salary in cases where it is alleged that commissions earned failed to cover the amount of the draw.