Counseling Services’ Hours of Operation
Generally, the Student Counseling Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Clients are seen from 9AM to 4PM. The center is closed whenever the University is in recess. Appointments are recommended for all counseling sessions to be sure a counselor is available.
Counseling appointments are made in one-hour increments. The actual length of time for a counseling appointment is 45 minutes. This allows the counselor time for documentation of the previous appointment, and for centering before the next appointment.
After-Hours Crisis Services
- A staff member of the Student Counseling Center can always be reached by pager. That number can be found by calling Dean of Student Life, Campus Sheriff's office, and the Provost's office.
- All clients are provided with additional community crisis resources. These resources are:
Suicide Prevention Helpline (719.544.1133)
Rape Crisis Center (719.549.0549)
Parkview Medical Center (719.584.4000)
Spanish Peaks Mental Health Center (719.545.5746),
YWCA Family Crisis Center (719.545.8195)
Counseling Services During the Summer
- During the summer session, staff will offer limited counseling services to students.
- Ongoing counseling services will only be provided to students who meet all of the following criteria:
- Students must be enrolled for classes for the following fall semester.
- Students must have psychological concerns that can be adequately addressed within the framework of services available during the summer.